If you know what to do in case of accident and what procedures you should follow you guarantee the excemption of your responsability in the case you have an accident driving one of our cars.
A Police report: AUTO DE OCORRENCIA is always requested for the insurance to cover, no matter the circumstances of the accident.
Some restrictions may apply with respect to:
- loading the vehicle on trains, boats, ferries or similar means of transportation;
- taking the vehicle from the mainland onto an island;
- taking certain types of vehicles across borders.
You must take care of the Vehicle, keep it in good repair and condition, pay any fines for which you may be liable, reimburse the car hire company for any damage to the Vehicle, and refund the car hire company for any costs it incurs.
You are liable for all fees, taxes, fines and penalties incurred in connection with the use of the Vehicle and for which the car hire company is charged, unless they have arisen through the fault of the car hire company.
During the rental period you must carry out the usual checks (engine oil level, tyre pressure, etc.) as would any careful user and you must respect the maintenance cycle of the Vehicle as stated in the maintenance guide, if any.
When parking the Vehicle, even for a short period, you undertake to lock it and make use of the Vehicle's alarm and/or immobilization equipment. You must never leave the Vehicle unoccupied with the keys in the ignition. Non-return of the keys will lead to invalidation of the theft cover.
You undertake to use the Vehicle in a responsible manner and in particular, only for the purposes for which it is intended. For a car, this means primarily carrying passengers other than for hire and reward.
In particular, you must not use the Vehicle under any of the following conditions or for any of the following purposes:
- Driving the Vehicle under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other type of narcotic substances.
- Transportation of inflammable or dangerous goods, as well as toxic, corrosive, radioactive or other harmful substances.
- Carrying anything which, because of its smell or condition, harms the Vehicle or causes the car hire company to lose time or money before it can rent the Vehicle again.
- Transportation of live animals (with the exception of domestic pets, subject to prior authorisation by the car hire company.
- Use a roof rack, luggage carrier or similar, unless supplied by the car hire company.
- Re-rental to or use by other persons.
- Carrying passengers for hire or reward.
Participating in rallies, competitions or trials, wherever they may take place,
- Giving driving lessons.
- Pushing or towing another vehicle (except those vehicles equipped by the car hire company with a towing-hook; maximum load 1,000 kg), or exceeding the authorised load weight.
- Travelling on non-paved roads or on roads, the surface or state of repair of which could put the vehicle's wheels, tyres or its under body mechanics at risk.
- Intentionally committing any offence.
- None of the goods and baggage carried in the Vehicle, including their packing and stowage equipment, will be permitted to damage the Vehicle, nor put the occupants abnormally at risk.
- In any way which breaks the highway Code, road traffic laws or any other laws.
You will be liable for any offence committed during the rental period which relates in any way to your use of the Vehicle, as if you were the owner of the Vehicle. Upon the request of the Police or any official body the car hire company may have to transfer your personal data. Such transfer will be done in accordance with the data protection Laws of Portugal.